Increase Your Metabolism With These Foods
When it comes to weight loss you cannot rely on one aspect only. Weight loss is a collation of various factors. Metabolism boosting foods plays a great role in your weight loss journey. A faster metabolism lets you digest food easily and helps you to shed those extra kilos from your body. One of the best ways to increase metabolism is to ingest foods that boost your metabolism instantly.
Metabolism Boosting Foods
1. Whole wheat – If you want to shed kilos, whole grains are best for you. The whole grains which are good for weight loss are those like brown rice, whole oats, and barley. These foods boost metabolism because they are not gone through the process of grinding and processing.
Processed grains are a danger to our body. The caloric amount in whole grains is three times less than the foods which are processed. The whole grains which are not good are those like whole grain bread, flavored oats, and whole grain crackers. The best thing about whole grains is that they give us stomach filling satisfaction without adding many calories.
2. Spices – Cooking smartly is another elixir for weight loss. For increasing metabolism, you can add some of the spices from your kitchen to your food regularly. The spices that boost metabolism are pepper, ginger, mustard, turmeric, and cinnamon. These spices will not only boost metabolism but will add a great taste to your food. Starving yourself is not the solution to get back in shape.
3. Citrus fruits- According to Shape Fit citrus fruits are high in vitamin c which has fat burning qualities that help to increase your metabolism. Some of the best metabolism boosting citrus fruits are grapefruits, oranges, tangerines, and blueberries. Try adding citrus fruits to your diet to increase metabolism.
4. Green tea – Green tea can do wonders to your body if you will take it regularly. Besides building immunity green tea is one of the best foods that boost metabolism. Various studies have shown that people who drink green tea burn up to an extra 70-100 calories per day due to antioxidants present in it. Try to make it a habit and notice the changes it will bring to your body.
5. Calcium rich foods- Milk and yogurt are rich in calcium. Various studies have shown that calcium rich foods boost metabolism. Cottage cheese is also one of the best foods to increase metabolism. You can make various delicious yogurt smoothies too. Yogurt smoothies will serve a two-way purpose. Besides fulfilling your cravings it will speed up weight loss too.
6. Green vegetables- You must have heard your mother or grandmother insisting you to eat green vegetables. They were right all along. Green vegetables are the most inexpensive source of nutrients. Along with providing various nutrients to your body green vegetables boost metabolism aiding in weight loss. The green vegetables which boost metabolism are beans, broccoli, celery, cucumber, garlic, and spinach. If you want to make most of it try not to overcook them.
7. Fish- Fishes are packed with omegs-3 fatty acids which boost metabolism significantly. Eating cold water fish like salmon, tuna, and trout boosts metabolism by as much as 400 calories per day. Don’t worry if you are not a regular fish eater you can get fish oils in capsules too.
8. Nuts and Seeds- Nuts and seeds are the powerhouses that boost your metabolism. Nuts and seeds like almonds, pistachios, walnuts, chia seeds and flaxseeds are a great source of proteins which increase metabolism. Dump the nuts and seeds overnight to get best results.
9. Soups- Add-on various soups like cabbage soup, tomato soup, spinach soup and bottle gourd soup to your diet as soups are the best metabolism boosting foods. Do not add too much of flavors to your soup. Try to maintain the natural taste of vegetables.
10. Extra virgin olive oil- Selecting extra virgin olive oil is a healthy choice when it comes to weight loss. Replacing saturated fats present in butter with olive oil is a good option. Extra virgin olive oil does not add many calories to your diet hence boosts metabolism.
It’s a common myth that metabolism of the body reduces with the growing age. No doubt it is correct to some extent but regardless of your age, your efforts can speed up your metabolism. Follow a proper exercise regime and add metabolism boosting foods to your diet. Do it wholeheartedly and you will see yourself changing.